Digital Sales Agent
Who we are.
Mawingu is a fast-growing company seeking to disrupt the internet industry across rural Kenya. Backed by Microsoft, our mission is to create a world where all people, without exception, can harness the power of the internet to prosper. Utilizing our innovative technology, we combine radio waves and solar power to distribute low-cost, affordable, and reliable internet to all our customers across the country.
What you’ll make happen.
As part of a fast-paced and results-oriented team, you will be responsible for handling all customer leads generated via digital channels and converting them into new customers. Your creativity, passion, and drive will be given the room and support to flourish as we aim to connect all of rural Kenya.
The role in brief.
Under the direction of the Brand Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the pipeline of digital leads acquired via Facebook, Whatsapp, email, or our website.
- You will ensure all leads are added to our CRM.
- You will be expected to convert these leads into customers while meeting our monthly growth plans.
- You will be responsible for achieving a specified sales target quota each month and for tracking all leads/sales generated using the tools given by the company.
- You will be expected to contribute monthly feedback and insights on how to improve our outreach strategies and better support you to succeed in your role.
- You will be expected to share customer feedback and suggestions for the improvement of all of Mawingu’s processes. We want you to tell us how to make our product better so you can sell more!
Tools + experience required
- Previous experience in sales is a must
- Basic proficiency in Excel is a must
- Experience working interacting with clients or in phone sales is a plus
Career growth and compensation.
We aim to invest in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. The company will provide monthly 121 sessions, constant and actionable feedback, and quarterly performance reviews to aid you in your career growth.
The role will pay you a gross base salary + commissions based on your sales targets.